The Dental Clinics
The Dental Clinics serve as full-service dental offices for the general public, as well as the clinical facility for our residency programs. Yale-New Haven Hospital's Department of Dentistry operates as a private practice facility while continuing to fulfill the compassionate mission of the hospital. This affords residents the opportunity to understand and appreciate the treatment needs of patients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Because some patients are severely medically compromised, residents learn to integrate necessary medical management strategies into the dental treatment plan. Our residents provide consultations on inpatients and may render follow-up treatment as needed.
Our clinics feature
- 11 treatment rooms, 5 in GPR and 6 in Pediatric Clinic;
- State of the art and newly renovated dental operatories which are equipped for four-handed dentistry with an Adec chair and Adec unit side-delivery systems;
- Digital, traditional, and panoramic x-ray units;
- Separate reception areas for children and adults; and,
- Computer-equipped conference rooms which also serve as resident study rooms.
- Personnel include three receptionists, two secretaries, a financial coordinator, clinic manager, seven dental assistants, an OMFS surgeon, pediatric dentists, and over forty Dental Attendings.