Alan Dardik MD-PhD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery (Vascular); Chief, Vascular Surgery, VA Connecticut Healthcare Systems, West Haven, CT
Departments & Organizations
Vein graft adaptation; Fistula adaptation; Markers of blood vessel identity during vein graft and AVF adaptation; How understanding the mechanisms of vein graft adaptation lead to improved tissue engineering; Effects of aging on vein graft adaptation; Bioengineering a "better" blood vessel more...
- B.S., Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1986
- M.D./Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Li X, Jadlowiec C, Guo Y, Protack C, Ziegler K, Lv W, Yang C, Shu C, Dardik A. Pericardial patch angioplasty heals via an Ephrin-B2 and CD34 positive cell mediated mechanism. PLoS ONE 7(6):e38844 (2012)
- Muto A, Panitch A, Kim N, Park K, Komalavilas P, Brophy CM, Dardik A. Inhibition of Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Activated Protein Kinase II with MMI-0100 reduces intimal hyperplasia ex vivo and in vivo. Vascular Pharmacology 56:47-55 (2012)
- Dardik A and Gaunt M. Outpatient Surgery. Clinical decision making and board review. Radcliffe Publishing, London (2012).